Sunday 24 April 2011

Gallic Scorsese flick: Initial Impressions.


So, I watched Mesrine partie 1: L'Instinct de Mort tonight. Though I liked bits of it and didn't like other bits of it, I feel as though I can't properly review damn thing until I've seen Partie 2. In a way it felt like half a movie. So, without further ado, I give you a stream of consciousness summary of how I felt throughout it!

Algeria, rough times. Scorsese, Goodfellas. Entertaining sex-scenes. Suave fellow this Mesrine. Wow, Mesrine's a cunt, ain't he? Damnnnnnnn that guy got sticked. Wow, spousal abuse. Whoa, Cecile De France is pretty badass.
Hey, I live there! Prison, derp. Prison, geez, super-prison more like it. THEY GOT OUT LIKE THAT!?!?!? No way..they're going back? With M16's?!?!

And thus ended Partie 1. It had it's ups and downs, but was overall a solid crime-flick. We'll see if it's second half holds up very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment